Jan 22, 2008

My Sister, My Angel.


21, that's how how old you would've been today. I miss you. I miss the 2 and a half year old sister I had running around, calling my name, singing my songs, repeating 'bad' words. What would life have given you had it not been taken away? I wonder, but it's impossible to imagine. You look down and see what life has given us so far, and I'm sure you're smiling. Sometimes I wonder why it is that those who have lost so much are still able to smile and why is it that those who have been given so much are unable to.

I smile, a lot. Most of the time. I am thankful and I have peace in my heart for the most part. But we wouldn't be human if we didn't lose ourselves on occasion. It's in the weak, vulnerable moments that we are truly reminded of how fragile we can be, it is also in those moments that we are reminded of our strengths. Thanks to you I am strong and I've learned to see life for the beauty it has - even when that beauty is on occasion clouded with smoke. You have given me a life's lesson that has changed me and bettered me for ever. Your death has thought me how to truly love. Fair trade? Afraid not, however the greatest gift I've ever been given.

I miss you and I carry you in my heart, always, my little Chicca.
TVB



No comments: