Aug 29, 2007

What the bleep do we (k)now?


I have not been able to get to sleep till the wee hours. This morning I had difficulties getting up – not sure why since I got an abundant 3 hour sleep (grrr).

Vinnie learned recently how to use our espresso machine and this morning when I finally managed to crawl out of bed there was a little cup of freshly made ‘caffe’’ waiting for me. Awwww! It didn’t end there. As he hands me the cup he says to me: mamma, you want to just have a relaxing day today?

THANK YOU GOD;) Someone up there really does love me;)

We have been going non-stop for a while and having a lazy day seemed the best option and I accepted the offer before he could change his mind and ask me to get the bikes. After a brief stop at my moms to help her with some papers Vinnie and I headed to the library and then the grocery store.

Once home (16:00) Vinnie retired in his room for a bit; I left on as little clothes as possible because I’m such an exhibitionist and then headed to the patio holding my new book “Feynman’s Rainbow”. I have a book on hold that has been recommended several times in the past and as recently as just a few days ago and it makes perfect sense that when I finally decided to get it the library has no copies of it. So while I’m waiting for “state of Fear” I find myself taken by the views of life AND physics. Contrary of what you might think the book is not primarily about the fundamental laws of nature or quantum mechanics or electrons – if it was I wouldn’t be reading it. The discovery of uncertaininty. Physics is a bitch!

No, the book has a different kind of magic, a journey of the heart and mind.

Immersed in my reading I am suddenly distracted by the noise of the patio door sliding open only to see Vinnie appearing and armed of his own reading material: two Simpsons’ comic books.

We both sat outside in silence and read for over an hour. UNA FAVOLA.

and I read: “So spoke an honest man, the outstanding intuitionist of our age and a prime example of what may lie in store for anyone who dares to follow the beat of a different drum.”

BRILLIANT.


http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1530177

No comments: