Aug 24, 2007

Strawberry Fields Forever

As I was driving into work this morning I got stuck behind this car all the way through Shelbourne. The whole time I noticed that the woman driving in front of me kept playing with her hair. Twisting it “constantly”. Then she’d switch it up and use her right hand. It drove me nuts. Finally when I couldn’t take it anymore I pulled some of my “Marianna Andretti” skills and I able to pass her, ONLY to find her behind me a few minutes later….still playing with her hair. Arrgh.

What struck me a little later was “why was I so irritated by the woman’s obsession with her hair?” Now I’m not a judgemental woman but even I can find people irritating on occasion.

And that’s how wars start. I mean seriously people, if you thought that all the animosity and blood shedding is over a piece of land, some oil and/or Allah you are sadly mistaken.

Perhaps the key is to do as John Lennon did. Spark up a doobie and Imagine what it would be like if we give peace a chance and admit that all we need is love. Speaking of green I have recently heard at a lunch gathering that smoking Salvia (Latin for Sage) is what the kids do these days. These may be some of the effect to smoking/chewing sage:
• Uncontrollable laughter.
• Past memories, such as revisiting places from childhood memory.
• Sensations of motion, or being pulled or twisted by forces.
• Visions of membranes, films and various two-dimensional surfaces.
• Merging with or becoming objects (for example a Ferris wheel).
• Overlapping realities, such as the perception of being in several locations at once.

Ok, I have to say that all of those things happen to me without the injecting, smoking or chewing of any kind of herb.

A survey of Salvia users found that 38% described the effects as unique. 23% said the effects were like yoga, meditation or trance.

Did you know that the American Indians mixed sage with bear grease and used it to treat skin sores? Did you know that in the 1800 era of America, that folks used sage to help heal warts, epilepsy, insomnia, and measles? Did you know that in Germany, sage was used to treat sore throats, mouth irritations, and cuts and bruises? Some people believe that it lowers blood sugar.


Wow, makes you wonder what else you have in your house that not only will benefit to your health but also get you high at the same time. Who needs to go out anymore when I can whip up a plate full of greens and then move into the bathroom for a glass or two of mouth wash. Let's get this party started:) Woo hoo. (Yes, I’m a total retard.)

I’d like to talk about what’s been making the headline news lately (besides Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan – dimwits): Michael Vick. Whom until recently I didn’t even know who he was. You would think that someone with that kind of success, fame and money would find a better way to entertain himself. I don’t expect him to do any kind of jail time or to be put to sleep (isn’t that what they do when Pitt Bulls attack humans?) but facing a $250,000 fine seems reasonable enough though he deserve to be inside the cage with the two Pitt Bulls and see how he likes it. Nonetheless [PETA fans stop reading right now], I still wonder why we keep breeding these type of dogs if they're created solely to attack and kill. Maybe it's because it's us 'humans' who continue teaching these animals to be violent. Maybe we're to blame.

Does anyone remember the cock fighting? When police seized 22 members of the House of Representatives, 12 members of the Senate, and more than 100 fighting cocks?

On a much lighter note, I read an awesome article yesterday as I was browsing The Onion and I encourage anyone who has a minute to read it because it’s very funny. Call it mindless escapism.
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/this_gap_sweater_is_fucking

Till next time I suggest you keep your cocks from fighting and your Pitt Bulls from having sex.

No comments: