Mar 8, 2007

IT'S A BOY















Well, here it is! The newest addition to the regal family, and his name is BENITO (what else would you expect?).

He's a "Tea-cup Shih Tzu", three months old, only weighs 8 lbs, incredibly soft and absolutely adorable.

I thought hard and long before adopting him. I even made a "pros" and "cons" list (just like I do with anyone I date. what? doesn't everyone?). In the end, I decided he would be a healthy addition to our family, and a healthy one to both Vinnie and me. (thank you Jon for giving me the push that I needed - and thank you for welcoming Benito along with me this afternoon. The queen will for ever be grateful).

Granted, most are aware of my "commitment issues" when it comes to anything (anyone) outside of Vinnie, and getting Benito was the scariest thing ever for me (I know....I'm sad) - however, breaking the pattern is exactly what I needed and I must say, it feels gooooooooood.

Of course, none of this would've happened if it weren't for Vinnie who's been begging for months to get a puppy. This cute ball of softness is technically his (Vinnie's). It is hardly possible to find the words to describe how it felt inside my body when I finally gave in and told Vinnie: "Ok, let's do it. Let's get a puppy". Vinnie's eyes opened wide and I've never seen such big smile on that cute face of his - it brought sunshine to my heart.

Who says changes are bad? I think changes can be very good, and I'm learning very slowly (baby steps) that it's ok to dive into the unknown, the uncertain, and to open yourself up to new possibilities.

2 comments:

Liliane said...

Oh Benito is so cute!!!!!! And boys love dogs! That's a great thing you did! and I completely understand you, I think you took your time before adpoting it, because you're someone who thinks carefully of her choices, and you either do something right or you don't do it. I think :P

Have fun in the weekend.

MARIANNA said...

Lilliane, you're absolutely right. I'm normally impulsive and sometimes it pays off, but with such decisions you need to be certain (just like with men - haha).

Hope you're well and if you ever come to Victoria we need to hang out and I'll show you around:)

Ciao