Nov 29, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow


I must say that even though I am very congested and can't stop sneezing; even though I can't feel parts of my body due to the freezing temperature which I'm obviously unfamiliar with; even though I've slipped and fallen on my ass too many times to count; even though I am unable to drive due to the fact that my vehicle is buried under the snow so perfectly that my neighbours thought Vinnie and I built a snow-car instead of a snow-man (and high-five us) I still find the snow has added to this city in a lovely and picturesque sort of way, but now I want it gone.

I enjoyed myself while playing snow fight with my brother and my son for the whole 20 minutes we were outside, not to mention my brother "once again" hit me on the head so hard with a snow ball (though it felt more like a bocce ball) that my head almost flew off my body - another attempt on his part to have me permanently silenced, or decapitated.

But what I like most during this snowy period is the bus ride to work because God knows that driving in this weather for me would be like driving under the influence. I can't begin to tell how extremely enjoyable the bus ride was this morning, besides, what better way to get acquainted with the folks of Victoria than to be pushed tightly close like sardines on the public transit. Nothing better than to have several strangers breath, cough, sneeze on your face and stepping on your feet repeatedly.

I have to say, the highlight - and I mean what really made my day was this "lovely" young woman who was slightly ahead of me on the bus and whom was continuously chewing on something with her mouth wide open. I caught myself staring endlessly and I just couldn't look away, it's as if she had hypnotized me - put me under some sort of spell. All in all it was a fabulous experience but regrettably, all I have now are mere memories.

Ahhhh, the joy of "jam-packed" human contact.

26 days to Christmas and as far as I can tell I've obviously already fallen into the spirit of the season...

and on that note:
http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=398

1 comment:

Liliane said...

Hypnotized by her <-- this happens to me so often hehe.
Funny post. Glad you look at things always in a positive way!

Hope you're fine and take care.