May 7, 2008

Random Thoughts



Life is like a butterfly, it goes where it pleases and it pleases where it goes.


Life is truly full of surprises, and it never stops from teaching us lessons as long as we’re willing to learn.

I continue to learn things about myself regularly, some good, some bad, some outstanding and some disappointing. But disappointments are everywhere; we can’t escape them so it’s up to us to decide what we take from them.

There are many lessons that life has offered me so far and some were more monumental then others, and what’s more to come will be as such I suspect. One very important lessons I learned some time ago is that It's easy for anyone to be happy when all is going well, the real challenge is to be happy when things are difficult and confusing.

It's important to be happy within, it is imperative in fact, however we're are happier when we love, and when we give. I think that is true happiness.

Am I happy? YES, I am.

I believe “happiness” is often a choice and not circumstances, however we do let those dictate much of our happiness most of the time, because we’re humans.

Speaking of human, that is another thing I’ve learned, struggled with and accepted - the complexity of us humans, one that no other living specie on this planet has. We, Homo sapiens, are the most complex living creature ever existed. We can do as much good as we can do damage; we can love as much as we can hate; we can give as much as we can take away. No other living creature has the capability of such actions, emotions, and influence. What WE do, affects the whole planet. We are capable of great things, but also of disastrous ones.

I’ve learned that you can love in all directions, and that we are like wells of infinite love to give – there is plenty for everyone (as I always say), however, I’d be a hypocrite and arrogant if I said that the love I have to give is spread equally. It isn’t. And if that were the case then I wouldn’t be human, I’d be a robot with a chip called love that feeds equally at all times. I think that would make us emotionless.

A mother (father) loves her (his) children to no end, unconditionally.

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.

A mother understands what a child does not say.

A mother’s love never tires.

A wise man said to me yesterday when I peeked his brain about some feelings I was having: “Marianna, why do we plant olive trees? Not for ourselves, but for our children, our future. By the time an olive tree is ready to provide the fruit we have already gone. We plant it for the intention to pass it on – to our children.

I thought that was beautiful, especially for someone who doesn’t even have children.

It’s like marriage, marriage it’s meant to be forever, we make a bond of love and a commitment that’s supposed to last to the end of our days, yet that’s not always the case anymore.

The most talked about thing is love. The most lived and felt emotion is love. So many beautiful songs, poems, books and movies and yet I look around and wonder if we write and talk about something so much because we all long for what in reality is very rare to come by. Can one person make you feel like you’re the key link to true love and happiness? Are we asking for too much? Are we asking to feel something that we don’t even fully understand? The love of Romeo and Juliet – Marc Anthony and Cleopatra, was it as intense as we write about?

In any soul mate relationship, we need to let go of the illusion that there is a perfect person waiting for us who will fulfill our every expectation and give our personality everything it desires once we are together. Do not expect your ideal soul mate to be someone who is always loving and easy to get along with, who agrees with everything you say or do, and who brings you a life of ease and comfort. We may experience our soul mate in this way at times, and at other times this person may challenge us to love as your soul does through his or her unevolved expressions of love. Soul mates always bring you growth and give you many chances to awaken your heart centers. Sometimes this process of growth is easy, and sometimes it is not. Soul mate relationships offer you wonderful opportunities to work at the soul level.

I’ve looked up the term soulmate and its definition:
Soulmate (or soul mate) is a term sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join.

Someone who has a special mission or influence on one's life


And with whom you are deeply connected and share a common path and purpose. Your soul mate may be someone who has come to be with you and learn similar lessons. Or, it can be someone who has come to assist you in your spiritual growth by showing you more about yourself and offering you ways to open your heart.

Incompatible, it don't matter though
'cos someone's bound to hear my cry
Speak out if you do
You're not easy to find

Is it possible Mr. Loveable
Is already in my life?
Right in front of me
Or maybe you're in disguise

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

Here we are again, circles never end
How do I find the perfect fit
There's enough for everyone
But I'm still waiting in line

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

If there's a soulmate for everyone

Most relationships seem so transitory
They're all good but not the permanent one

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone
If there's a soulmate for everyone

[Song title “soulmate” by Natasha Bedingfield]

Even animals such as apes and elephants understand the true meaning of love amongst themselves, and it’s evident from how they mourn the death of one of their own, yet, most humans diminish the importance of our own and are always in search for something else, a greater and higher reason of our existence – searching for the truth as some may say (or as I recently watched the movie “into the wild”). I can’t decide if it’s arrogance or ignorance.

Moses was told to take two of every specie from earth, a female and male, on to his ark, I often wonder if most of us truly get it.

4 comments:

Farzad said...

hi MARIANNA,
you have a good blog.
i study all of your weblog.
From first to end.
you have a wonderful thoughts !

yur first sentence was very perfect...
i note that in my note book.

+ i can't Speak english very well;)

☮️ Marianna ☮️ said...

thank you farzad, I appreciate your comments and am flatter you find what I write somewhat interesting. Thought I don't expect anyone to read or agree with any of my thoughts it is always flattering to see they are shared and appreciated. Thank you.

Peace.

Liliane said...

I like reading you :)

☮️ Marianna ☮️ said...

Thanks Liliane, it's nice to know that my thoughts are somewhat enjoyable to others :) That is why we share after all right? To find out that we're not alone in our beliefs and our convictions?? Vive la difference...however, we seem to celebrate that a lot lately to a point that no one has their own thoughts anymore and just follow a mass instead. Bla bla bla - sorry, I had little sleep last night and I'm always "deeper" in thoughts when I'm sleep deprived :) Hugs to you and hope this notes find you happy and healthy.