Sep 3, 2007

CRIB NOTES





As Vinnie and I were dancing in the kitchen last night to the notes of this song [above] he suddenly turned to me and asked: mamma, if you could have a super hero power what would it be? “INVISIBLE” I replied. He laughed in approval, “that way you can come visit me while I’m at school”. I nodded with a smile and kissed him.

September 4 - First day back to school. Where does the time go? Has the summer we’ve been waiting for already left us? The start of school has always marked the beginning of a new chapter, and this year is no exception. As I walk Vinnie inside the school I can see grins on the faces of other parents who high-five each other as they pass by; some cars slow down as they enter the school “drop-off” lane without coming to a complete stop and suddenly you see kids literally being pushed out of their vehicle followed by their bags;) It’s a war zone; people running like mad in all directions as if we're all holding time bombs; it's a race to see who can ditch his/her own kid the fastest – it gives a new meaning to the phrase: fleeing a scene. Today, no one is messing around; today is OUR independence day;)
Someone should make a musical about it, really.

I drove away from the school excited for my little man’s first day back but also smiling at the thought that I didn’t have to work (remember? Stat holiday). As I opened the door and entered MY Shangri-La my sweater slips off onto the chair and I begin to hop around my happy land freely while singing “I feel pretty….” (just as Natalie Wood’s character ‘Maria’ does in the movie “West Side Story”):
I feel pretty
Oh so pretty
I feel pretty and witty and gay
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me today
I feel charming
Oh so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real
I feel stunning
And entrancing
Feel like running
And dancing for joy

Ha, I pity those who lack imagination!

(Have an awesome school year amore. TVTTTB.)

No comments: